ARRB Group and Austroads invite you to participate in the 9th Austroads Bridge Conference to be held 22-24 October 2014 at Sydney’s Olympic Park.
The 2014 theme is 'Bridges of the future’.
The conference is designed for bridge engineering practitioners and researchers from local, state and national road authorities, universities, consultancies and contractors. The conference will provide a dynamic forum for information exchange and networking.
Austroads Bridge Conference 2014 will be held in conjunction with the 26th ARRB Conference 2014, providing an exciting opportunity for presenters and delegates to participate in both events.
Research and practitioners based papers should focus on the following areas:
• Asset management
• Sustainability and the environment
• Research, including the dissemination of Austroads research projects
• Maintenance and rehabilitation
• Managing local government bridges on local, rural and remote roads
• Whole-of-life performance and durability
• Management of heritage bridges
• Structural health monitoring
• Inspection, evaluation and assessment of existing bridges
• Post-disaster functionality
• Strengthening and widening of bridges
• Material and specification development
• Development in design codes, including the AS 5100 revision
• Safety in design
As with previous successful Austroads Bridge Conferences, the 2014 conference will have a particular emphasis on encouraging participation from young engineers. The committee has identified a special Young Engineers Award, and young engineers are offered a concessional registration rate as an additional incentive.
Rudolph Kotze MIEAust, CPEng, RPEQ
National Technical Leader, Bridges & Structures
ARRB Group Ltd
For further information please contact the Technical Secretary:
Ms Melissa Dias
Tel: +61 3 9881 1517
Fax: +61 3 9886 3076