VicRoads, Roads Australia and ARRB Group is hosting an important demonstration and briefing on “Matching Trucks to the Road Network” on the 8th March 2013 at Sandown Racecourse in Melbourne. This event will showcase Performance Based Standards (PBS) trucks that can be used on both the local and state road networks. It will take Local Government delegates through the tools available to assess and protect the road network and provide first hand advice to technical staff and Councillors who attend. Trucks will be available to be inspected and in some cases it will be possible to either drive or be a passenger in some of the vehicles.
The session will focus upon many of the critical issues relevant to local government when considering heavy vehicle access to local roads. Such as;
• The new approach to heavy vehicle access management under the NHVR
• Discussions regarding planning for heavy vehicle access in new and existing industrial estates
• A demonstration of the highly successful PBS Route Assessment Tool for local governments
• The features of new PBS vehicles and their effect on local road infrastructure
• A demonstration of the most common types of PBS vehicles
This is a great opportunity for local government practitioners and councillors to prepare for the upcoming changes to heavy vehicle access management under the NHVR, and experience the performance of these new vehicles as they demonstrate common turning and braking maneuovers.
The briefing and demonstration session will be held as part of the Sandown Drive Days at Sandown Racecourse on 7 & 8 March (see attached brochure). This is a first class, hands on event organised by the Victorian Transport Association. For additional program details go to http://www.vtadrivedays.com.au/.