We have recently put out a ‘call for abstracts’ for three international events, and you may want to submit one, but sometimes the benefits of doing so aren’t always that obvious. There are a multitude of reasons to get involved – here’s our top five:
- Exposure: the 28th International ARRB conference, the 8th Symposium on Pavement Surface Characteristics and the 2nd International Driverless Vehicle Summit all attract a diverse audience from around the globe. Your research will be exposed to thousands of representatives from industry and academia, in low, medium and high income countries.
- Peer review: peer review is vital part of any research project. At these upcoming events you will have opportunity to present your findings, and immediately receive feedback from your peers in an intellectually robust environment
- Verbal and poster presentations available: we want everyone to feel comfortable putting their research forward, however there are circumstances where participants may lack the confidence to present verbally. In addition to the oral presentations, there are also poster sessions where authors are not required to present to a large audience
- Career advancement: according to Undercover Recruiter becoming the type of person that gladly steps up to talk, will ‘enable you to earn more, build your business or get promoted quicker, and your personal brand will be boosted to new and greater heights’.
- Catch up with industry trends: if it’s happening in our industry, it will be talked about at these events – and if it’s talked about at these events, then you need to know about it. Furthermore, there is no better opportunity to discuss the outcomes of the sessions, then to do so immediately with likeminded industry colleagues. Learn and build your network? That’s a win-win if we’ve ever heard one
For more information about the above mentioned events, visit their respective websites: