The ARRB Gala Dinner and Awards Night is coming up fast and we are looking forward to gathering together in the beautiful surroundings of the Brisbane City Hall to celebrate the best of our industry.
This is a night where we recognise and celebrate research excellence across the transport sector.
We're delighted to reveal the brilliant researchers making ground-breaking impact on the roads and transport sector. Here are your shortlisted nominees for 2018:
Knowledge Transfer Commitment Award
- Team: Downer Road Services, Downer
- Louise Goldman, AIP Foundation
- Professor Jay Sanjayan, Swinburne University of Technology
- Jerome Carslake, National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP)
Implementing Agency Applied Research Award
- Richard Fanning, John Gaffney, Matthew Hall and Hendrick Zurlinden, VicRoads
- Fred Andrews-Phaedonos, VicRoads
- Peter Evans, Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR)
- Mahbub Hossain, Campbelltown City Council
New Research Talent Award
- Dr Ronny Kutadinata, Australian Road Research Board (ARRB)
- Mitchell Cunningham, Australian Road Research Board (ARRB)
- Kaniz Fatima, RMIT University
Research Impact Award
- Sara Moridpour, RMIT University
- Arul Arulrajah, Graeme Newman, Farshid Maghool and Alireza Mohammadinia, Swinburne & VicRoads
- Professor Riadh Al-Mahaidi and Dr Robin Kalfat, Swinburne University
- Peter Bryant and Dr Erik Denneman, Department of Transport and Main Roads and Australian Asphalt Pavement Association (AAPA)
Lifetime Research, Development & Implementation Award
- Geoff Jameson, ARRB (ARRB)
- Professor Barry Watson, CARRS-Q
Congratulations to all our finalists!
If you’re as intrigued as we are to know the winners, make sure you book your tickets today - only limited places still available.