The National Transport Research Awards & ARRB Gala Dinner is landing soon and we are looking forward to a stellar evening in Melbourne to celebrate the best of our industry.
The NTR Awards recognises and celebrates research excellence across our transport sector and brings together the elite of the roads and transport industry for one night.
We're delighted to reveal the brilliant researchers making ground-breaking impacts in the transport industry.
Here are your shortlisted nominees for 2019:
Lifetime Research Award
- Dr Burt Look
- Professor Raphael Grzebieta
- Monash Institute of Transport Studies
Research Impact Award
- Pipe Fracture Prediction – Professor Jayantha Kodikara/Monash University
- Fatalities Research Project – Toll Group
- Intelligent Safe Surface Assessment Vehicle (iSSAVe) – ARRB
Research Rising Star Award
- Dr Brody Clark – WSP/Queensland University of Technology
- Lu Dai – Monash University
- Sameera Pitawala – Monash University
Road Construction Innovation Award
- Recycled Crushed Glass in Concrete Pavements: A New Material for Infrastructure Projects – Lendlease
- Use of sustainable road pavement – Transurban
- Upgrade of Bernera Road – Liverpool City Council
Research into Reality Award
- 100% Recycled Asphalt – City of Adelaide
- National Asset Centre of Excellence (NACoE) – Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
- NSW Rural Roads Stereotypical Cross-Section Framework Initiative – Transport for NSW
Congratulations to all our finalists and thank you for those who nominated!
If you’re as intrigued as we are to know the winners, make sure you book your seats today - only limited places still available.
Come and rub shoulders with road research royalty, thought leaders and industry experts. The event will be hosted at the stunning Cargo Hall in Melbourne and will be a night to remember.
Friday 15th November 2019
Cargo Hall, South Wharf, Melbourne