Thursday 11 March 2021, 12:30pm to 1:30pm (AEDT)
This seminar will provide insights into the range of innovative in-vehicle safety systems, testing and evaluations of these
systems, and the ability of these systems to reduce road trauma.
During the seminar, David Beck from the NSW Centre for Road Safety, along with Mark Terrell and James Hurnall from
ANCAP will describe and discuss:
- The range of innovative in-vehicle safety systems.
- How these systems are evaluated / tested.
- Which innovations have an evidence base of reducing road trauma.
- Which innovations require further development. The likely success and timeframes for these developments.
- The range of methods to improve the uptake of evidence based innovations in the vehicle fleet. Which of these
methods have been successful. What the challenges are with introducing or improving these methods in an Australian
Dr Anna Chevalier - ACRS NSW Chapter Seminar Coordinator & Principal Technology Leader, Transport Safety, ARRB
David Beck - A/Manager Safer Vehicles, Transport for NSW Centre for Road Safety
Mark Terrell - Chief Technical Officer, ANCAP
James Hurnall - Policy Director, ANCAP
Participants, please note - this session will commence at 12:30 pm AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time). There may be time zone differences that apply. It is recommended that you connect to the webinar 15 minutes prior to allow sufficient time for potential connection delays.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.