Overview of training
The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB), Trafficworks and Road Solutions have been engaged by The Department of Transport – Victoria (DoT) to be licenced training providers delivering VicRoads and DoT accredited technical training.
All Training Courses will be held at the ARRB national headquarters unless otherwise noted:
Workshop Date: November 10th – 11th
Time: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Duration: 2 Full Days
Location: Port Melbourne
The aim of this course is to introduce the principles of best practice traffic signal design and operation. The course will include:
- Fundamentals of traffic signal analysis
- Traffic signal layouts – geometric elements, location of signal equipment, signal phasing
- Operational design – signal group allocation, detector map, signal phasing, phase diagrams and control of right turns
- Operational design – detector functions, intergreen time and pedestrians
- Introduction to signal operations and signal coordination, including SCATS
*Dates and prices are subject to change.