Overview of training
The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB), Trafficworks and Road Solutions have been engaged by The Department of Transport – Victoria (DoT) to be licenced training providers delivering VicRoads and DoT accredited technical training.
Workshop Date: December 1
Time: 8:30am - 5pm
Duration: 1 day
Location: National Transport Research Centre, Port Melbourne
Cost: $1,000 + GST
At the end of this course the participant should be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of temporary road safety barrier systems and suitable applications
- Identify the different types of compliant barriers and when they are used
- Interpret and consider the manufacturers specifications and other requirements when selecting, designing, implementing and auditing temporary road safety barrier systems at roadwork sites
- Identify suitable inclusions of a risk assessment that accompanies the selection, design, implementation and auditing of a temporary road safety barrier system and develop practical mitigation strategies
- Minimise risk to the public and workers at roadworks sites using temporary road safety barrier systems
- State the contractual and moral obligations.
*Dates and prices are subject to change.