Drainage is a critical component of any civil construction project. Ensuring your team is equipped with knowledge of current technical standards and construction methods is vital for delivering transport infrastructure projects in Victoria.
The aim of this course is to enhance participants' basic drainage good practice knowledge and provide confidence on when to request clarification of site works during construction phase.
The course provides best practice and up to date advice on relevant legislation, specifications, and requirements.
- An overview of typical drainage design
- Various drainage systems and their use in road construction, including surface and sub-surface drainage
- Water sensitive road design
- Drainage construction practices including construction materials
- Materials handling and installation
- Maintenance requirements
- How and when to raise an issue
- Quality processes and assurance for delivered works
- Safety and sustainability considerations
Who is this for?
The MRPV Technical Training Program is targeted at new and existing workforce from industry and MTIA who have some general knowledge and awareness of construction works required to carry out specific tasks relating to civil construction.
- Project managers
- Graduate, site, project and senior engineers
- Site construction managers
- Site supervisors/site foremen
- Leading hands
- Safety supervisors
- Quality managers/engineers
- Surveillance cadets/officers/managers
Some courses are also relevant to:
- Traffic managers/engineers
- Community stakeholder and engagement specialists
*Dates and prices are subject to change.