ARRB have been engaged by the Packaging Stewardship Forum of the Australian Food and Grocery Council to develop specifications for the manufacture of recycled crushed glass (RCG) as an engineering material for use in infrastructure. The major areas of specification development addressed the following applications:
1. Basecourse and subbase on sealed roads
2. Unsealed road wearing course
3. Fine aggregate for concrete and asphalt production
4. Fine aggregate for bituminous slurry emulsions
5. Bedding and backfilling material for underground pipes/cables and services
6. Bedding material for block paved pavements and footpaths.
To view an article regarding the initiative please visit the Architecture Design website http://www.architectureanddesign.com.au/article/Glass-now-recycled-into-roads-and-footpaths/519889.aspx# (5/7/10)