This program will provide an insight into modern sustainability requirements and assessments in road asset construction and management for road asset managers, specialists and investment planners, and a comprehensive appreciation to executives and those new to the subject.
The training program introduces the audience to measuring infrastructure sustainability and its ability to enhance the use of recycled products in our roads. It includes an overview of sustainable infrastructure practices and drivers, and an in-depth appreciation of key sustainability mechanisms. The program covers LCA as a tool to quantify and augment sustainability in infrastructure, and an overview of an LCA tool for assessment and comparisons of pavements. Worked examples are provided to deepen understanding of the topic and ability to conduct an LCA.
Duration: 1/2 Day
- Learning Outcomes
- Target Audience
- Determine the objectives and scope of infrastructure sustainability at a broad level.
- Identify key mechanisms for road infrastructure sustainability and recycled product use.
- Describe life cycle assessment at a high level.
- Demonstrate capability of using an LCA tool for road pavement materials
Road and Transport Owner and Managing Agencies
- Portfolio Directors, Policy and Budget Roles
- Asset Management and Planning Roles
- Capital Investment Roles
- Project Evaluation and Governance Roles
Road Construction and Management Contractors, Developers and Consultants
- Asset Managers and Specialists
- Project Managers
- Contract Managers