This course provides participants with a comprehensive overview of the common pavement and surface defects on new and existing road networks.
Participants will obtain an understanding of the behaviour of different pavement and surfacing types. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to identify common defect types and appropriate repair options.
The course will also provide practical case studies demonstrating how the learnings can be applied in practice. Each module is presented by an ARRB specialist and includes both technical background information and practical case studies.
Duration: One day
Delivery method: In person/online
+61 3 9881 1555
- Learning Outcomes
- Target Audience
- Understanding the behaviour of different pavement and surfacing types.
- Ability to identify common defect types and possible causes.
- Knowledge of the impact of defects on road users and pavement service life.
- Understanding of typical pavement and surface investigation options.
- Knowledge of appropriate repair options and strategies.
- Technical staff responsible for managing roads
- Design engineers and road asset managers
- Field staff and inspectors
- Engineers new to pavement design and asset management