Prof. Michael Regan
Research Centre for Integrated Transport Innovation ( rCITI ), Uni of NSW (UNSW)
Director, Road and Rail Safety, Qld Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR)
Tuesday 24 November 2020, 12:30pm to 1:30pm (AEDT)
This seminar will provide insights into innovative work being undertaken to understand and address driver distraction.
During the seminar, Professor Michael Regan from rCITI will provide an overview of the issues, including:
- What is driver distraction?
- What are its mechanisms?
- How does it differ from other mechanisms of driver inattention?
- What are its effects on driving performance?
- How does driver distraction and inattention contribute to crashes and crash risk?
- What does research tell us about the effectiveness of countermeasures employed to reduce the prevalence and/or
risks of driver distraction and inattention?
- Adopting a systems based, human centred design approach to understand the issue
- Engaging the ecosystem of public and private sector stakeholders to explore potential solutions
- Collaborating with stakeholders to implement solutions, transfer knowledge and share progress