There’s never been a better time to reflect on our cities and towns,
and whether they are what we need for the new “normal”.
Date: 23 & 25 of September
Duration: 2 x 2 hour webinars
Time: 2pm to 4pm
Group Discount: 20% discount for delegates registering for 3 or more attendees.
Email email@example.com for further information
Australia’s strong population growth, coupled with the increasing sprawl of our cities, is impacting community health, liveability, as well as transport systems and increasing congestion. With more than 85% of Australia’s population living in urban areas, finding relevant solutions is needed to unlock the full economic potential of current policies and trends.
The Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning (SUMP) approach is well established in Europe, is seen as best practice and has been highly successful in delivering solutions to tackle current urban challenges - severe congestion, traffic deaths and injuries, poor air quality, noise emissions and high levels of CO2 emissions.
ARRB is pleased to bring Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning best practice to Australia, via a series of online masterclasses in collaboration with Road Solutions, HA Consulting and DTV Capacity Building.
Better performance and cost-effectiveness can be achieved through introducing SUMP methods in
Our online masterclasses will show you how. We’ll introduce the key elements of SUMP, and how to unlock the many benefits for your city and your projects.
Each online masterclass will introduce the key elements of SUMP and how that will translate into value for your
city and projects.
What is included
- 2 X 2 hour live interactive sessions
- International presenters
- Both EU and Local Case Studies
- Pre reading materials
- Hands on learning through quizzes and interactivity
- Take-home handouts provided
The SUMP method provides benefits for all actors from policy making to project delivery:
- Expand project budgets through cross sectoral cooperation
- Better return on investments on city projects through a holistic approach
- Increase road safety through planning and design
- Raise the success of city plans and projects, through a coherent approach covering all modes
- Reduce delays in planning and project delivery caused by uninformed stakeholder groups
- Create better, more attractive and happier cities.
Who should attend?
The SUMP approach provides benefits for all actors in the policy cycle. This online masterclass is relevant for:
- Policy and decision makers
- Placemakers and Tactical Urbanists
- City councillors
- Traffic engineers and road safety experts
- Urban planners and designers
- Those involved in developing/implementing Local Area, Traffic Management Plans, Bicycle Strategy, Pedestrian Strategy, Road Safety Strategy
DTV Capacity Building (Netherlands)
Principal Road Safety Engineer, Road Solutions
Transport Lead – Sustainable Mobility, HA Consulting
Dr Clarissa Han
National Leader, Sustainability and Resilience, ARRB
Join us for this ARRB online masterclass
Participants please note – this session will run on Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEST). There may be time zone differences that apply. It is recommended that you connect to the webinar 15 minutes prior to allow sufficient time for potential connection delays. It is also important that you check the system requirements for the webinar in advance of the session.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar