The Australian Road Research Board holds names and addresses of people with an interest in roads and road transport, so that we can communicate with them. Personal information, which you provide to ARRB may be held for normal commercial purposes such as invoicing. If you do not wish us to hold your details, please fill in the form.
Last modified: 14 April 2014
This is a statement of the Australian Road Research Board's policy on Privacy. If you require further information on the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles, please visit: www.privacy.gov.au. Please note, on the 12 March 2014, important changes were made to the Australian privacy laws. This policy has been updated to reflect those changes.
The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is a not-for-profit company which conducts research and provides consultancy and other services to the land transport sector. Most of ARRB's clients are government or large commercial organisations. ARRB collects "personal information" in the form of names, business addresses and areas of technical interest, and only for the purposes of normal commercial interaction with its client organisations. Information is held on databases (both online and locally). Personal information will not be shared for marketing purposes internationally.
Your personal information
"Personal information " held by ARRB may include your name, business affiliation, business address, telephone number(s), email address, bank account or credit card details, and your areas of technical interest.
ARRB does not collect "Sensitive information” in the course of its business. A
ll personal information collected is securely protected.
How we collect personal information
ARRB collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide information by telephone or in documents such as registration forms;
- Directly from you when you register online for an event, subscription package or make an enquiry through our website;
- In the normal course of business for example conference/workshop attendees, newsletter subscriptions, business cards and emails;
- From publicly available sources of information.
How we use your personal informationYour personal information may be used to:
- Provide the products and services you require
- Provide you electronic updates on ARRB’s products and services (enabling you to unsubscribe at any time)
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, invoicing, etc.
When we disclose your personal information
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Other organisations sub-contracted to provide services to us e.g. external professional conference organiser.
- ARRB does provide conference delegates a list of attendees (including name, organisation and country), however delegates can opt out of this during registration.
Please note ARRB does not disclose personal information to external companies for marketing purposes.
Employee records exemption
The Privacy Act, and this policy, does not apply to acts and practices directly related to a current or former employment relationship between us and an employee, and an employee record held by us relating to the employee. The Privacy Act does apply to information relating to job applicants and ARRB has internal processes in place to ensure that all such information is held in a confidential manner.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
ARRB takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. We recommend that you let us know if there are any errors in your personal information and keep us up to date with changes as they occur. Please contact email@example.com to amend your personal details stored by ARRB.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, or to request us to delete it. If you would like to do either, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. If you choose to ask us not to hold your details, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to amend your personal details stored by ARRB.
Complaints handling process
ARRB has an internal complaints handling process for staff.
ARRB has an external complaints handling process – contact the Privacy Officer for further information (see details below).
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding privacy, please contact us via the form on this page. Alternatively you can write to:
500 Burwood Highway